Hood Struts Home > How To's > Hood Struts Hood Struts
Phil Chiver's gas hood strut replacement kit. Designed to eliminate the old peg leg hood support that can get in the way when working on your truck.
The kit is $55.00
- 4 custom brackets
- 2 gas struts
- Nuts & Bolts required for install
- Detailed installation instructions and photos
The kit installs using bolts into existing holes in the fender, and 3 sheet metal screws into the hood. Each strut snaps on, and include locks for a safety measure.
- Designed for STOCK Steel Hoods.
- Kit can be adopted to some fiberglass hoods. (Harwood has a steel support on either side of the hood which can be drilled for the brackets.)
- I can't guarantee that it can be made to fit every fiberglass hood.
- It will work on the new steel cowl induction hood.
- Works with KB cold air fender intake
|user contributed notes