Phil Chiver's gas hood strut replacement kit. Designed to eliminate the old peg leg hood support that can get in the way when working on your truck.
The kit is $55.00
- 4 custom brackets
- 2 gas struts
- Nuts & Bolts required for install
- Detailed installation instructions and photos
The kit installs using bolts into existing holes in the fender, and 3 sheet metal screws into the hood. Each strut snaps on, and include locks for a safety measure.
- Designed for STOCK Steel Hoods.
- Kit can be adopted to some fiberglass hoods. (Harwood has a steel support on either side of the hood which can be drilled for the brackets.)
- I can't guarantee that it can be made to fit every fiberglass hood.
- It will work on the new steel cowl induction hood.
- Works with KB cold air fender intake